Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Canola to the right of me,
Canola to the left of me,
Canola in front of me
Volleyed and thundered;...



Yes, I have crossed into the golden fields of Saskatchewan. Just a few more days until I reach Regina, the land of my birth. Well not really birth so much as release - release from the surly bonds of academia.

Speaking of which, my gradution ceremony was a couple of weeks ago. I did not attend, however, I've been told by a very reliable source that my name was read aloud during the proceedings. That means that I've officially graduated, and that I'm technically done with the university. But I know that seperation will not be that easy...

Actually, Regina represents another sort of milestone right now. When I reach there I will be almost exactly one-third done the tour. From there it's the long slow road to Minneapolis - 1200km in 12 days across uncharted territory. Just me and the wheat.

No comments: