Thursday, May 24, 2007

Next Stop...

Hi folks,

In all the hustle and bustle of getting out of Vancouver I forgot to write an entry about getting out of Vancouver. Now it's too late since I've completed my first little excursion as far as Seattle. I had a great ride down - perfect weather, no equipment issues, no problems at the border, and not too much traffic (aside from that unfortunate incident on the interstate in Everett - ugghhh). Many thanks to Haambe and Fazail for putting me up for the night in Surrey.



It feels great to be on the road again. I think biking is a kind of meditative state for me. You might think it would be boring sitting on a saddle all day but somehow I feel psychologically and physically rejuvenated from it. I sure am glad that I was able to spend so much of my time in vancouver training. I did about 150km yesterday carrying a heavy load, which gives me confidence for the later stages of the tour, especially the Minneapolis to Kingston leg where I will have to cover a huge distance in a very short time.

The show at Soil opens tomorrow (...today?) at noon so I'm gonna try to get some decent rest tonight. Hopefully we will have some participants...if not I will have to spend the day tinkering with my own bike - now that I think of it I really do need to change my shifter cables and housing...

No comments: