Monday, May 14, 2007

May Flowers...

Spring has, as they say, sprung. In Vancouver at least. In fact, the tulips in English Bay have already bloomed, died off, and been mulched. I expect they'll be sprouting for a second time any day now.

But I might be gone before that ever happens. Touring cyclists are leaving the city in droves, and I intend to be among them. I've already met several groups of people heading east for Toronto, Quebec City, or other destinations. I'll be leaving a little later than the bulk of them - by the time I finish up in Seattle and Victoria it will be early June. I am just now coming to terms with the imminence of my departure.

Monday May 21, one week from today, I leave Vancouver behind to begin the Bicycle Rehabilitation Project. Things are looking very encouraging, and I'm preparing for a great summer. I'm not sure how everything is going to work out exactly, but I guess I'll find out before too long.

I'm going to pick up the pace with this blogging thing in the next couple weeks. All my stories, experiences, mistakes, accidents, and thoughts will be posted right here, so stay tuned. I promise a fun ride!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck man, hope you make it to NB. If you do, let me know and I'll find you.